Saturday, November 13, 2010

Taking the Limits off!!

 OMG !!!!! Today, I read an article in the Washington Post of a real-life Cinderella story of love. You know, the type of story that every girl dreams of.......Prince Charming coming to sweep her off her feet, Mr. Fine As Wine, has his stuff together kind of love. What particularly caught my attention is that the bride, Dr. Lindsay Marsh is a fellow abstinence advocate and has dedicated her life to teaching purity. Surely, her standard for a mate MUST be extremely high, right? Not only is she a successful anesthesiologist, but she's a 34 year old virgin!!
As I kept reading, I realized that her husband turned out to be NOTHING like what so many people had "pegged" as her future mate.  Yes, she maintained her standard of purity during their relationship but she was very open and willing to talk to Gareth, though only 6 months before they met he was NOTHING like she would've imagined. Not only was he not a virgin but he was admittedly promiscuous.
   Am I putting God in a box? Is the man that I've imagined for myself only a figment of my imagination compared to whom God really has planned for me? Am I living in "la-la land?" If I continue with my list of qualifications and requests, could I possibly completely miss the man that was created for me? Surely, I shouldn't just settle for the next guy that comes along..............how do I do this? Where do I find balance?
      One step at a time, one day at a time.......I am choosing to surrender my will, and pickup God's divine will for my life!.......I am taking off all the limits!....Yes, I still have a standard but I am deciding to be open and willing to receive what is ultimately for me! I trust that though Stratford may not be exactly what I originally thought, I know that he will be perfect for me!....................No longer thinking only inside the box!

I like so many other single women, doing it big, holding it down, have often defended my stance when Ive heard people suggest that I'm being "too picky, too choosy, impossible to please."  But after reading this amazing story, I am having a change of heart. I am not saying that we as women should not have preferences, and establish certain standards that display our confidence. Yes, it is so important that we understand our value. We must know our worth. But let's stay open-minded, make some of the items on our lists a little more flexible, and embrace the BEST choice for us.........understanding that our king may come wrapped in a package that looks a little different than we expected!
 
Click on this link to read Gareth and Lindsay's amazing story!
The wedding that motivated me to take the limits off--Gareth Warren and Dr. Lindsay Marsh

Expanding my mind as I patiently wait for Stratford!

No comments:

Post a Comment